Rural & Edmonton Minor Hockey League | U16 AA
Approved June 16, 2004
Revised & Approved June 25, 2016
Revised & Approved December 8, 2016
The name of the league shall be known as the Rural and Edmonton Minor Hockey League | U16 AA (REMHL) herein after referred to as the REMHL or the League.
The League shall abide by all the regulations, bylaws and rules of Hockey Alberta and Hockey Canada.
The Objectives of the League shall be:
- a. To foster and promote a high level of hockey for Alberta U16 players under its jurisdiction.
- b. To control and administer the playing of the game of hockey in accordance with the rules and regulations and etiquette of the game.
- c. To ensure keen competition within the League.
- d. To promote the development of players and coaches.
For entire League Constitution, download Constitution.
100 – Refereeing
- a. The Referee Assignors for the LMHA will do assignment of on ice officials for League games.
- b. Referees will be paid as per the fee schedule defined by Hockey Alberta.
101 – Scheduling
- a. Scheduled league games have priority over exhibition and tournament games as provided by the Hockey Alberta Regulations.
- b. Back-to-back games against the same team are not to be scheduled unless necessary.
- c. Each member is required to bring to the Annual General Meeting a minimum number of game slots per team for scheduling as determined by the League.
- d. The Vice President Administration will have a draft schedule sent to each member and team by August 30th and the final schedule completed by the September League meeting.
- e. No games will be scheduled to begin after 9:00 p.m.
102 – Playing Rules
- a. The playing rules shall be in accordance with the Hockey Canada playing rules as set out in the most current Referee’s Case Book/Rule Combination handbook.
For entire League Operating Directives, download Directives.